Keeping the magic or the faith that “it will all be all-right” can be hard, depending on what life throws at you. Even I can’t be Little Miss Positive all the time.
For example we live on quite a tight budget, so when things like the car start playing up and I’m seeing rather too much the Mechanic, I can get a little stressed.
Now I know the positive / magical response should be “There is always enough” “keep positive” to allow the magic in.
But to get to that stage I often have to go through the down first. I am lucky enough to be able to talk it through with my Husband and my Mum. I talk to them, I cry, I release the emotions and energy built around the issue. And then I can let the magic in, I trust in the universe and in my guides and helpers and myself that things will sort themselves out.
My Mum always tells people how I was a drama queen as a kid – how I could start crying about something that happened to me weeks before, at the drop of a hat. Hey somethings might not have changed (too much), but once I’ve done my releasing – had my chat and cried – I’m relaxed and ready to take it all on.
There have been occasions when I’ve kept it all bottled up and that’s just no good. I had no release, no clearing and therefore got stuck and couldn’t move on. It made me pretty depressed, angry and turned against people. I don’t want others to go through this.
There’s many ways to find a release.
- Talk to someone
– if you don’t have a friend or family and don’t feel you can tell them whatever it is that’s worrying you, there’s support lines, web forums or support groups. You can even buy worry dolls – little figures that you tell your worries too and they take them away.
- Have a cry – some studies have found crying reduces stress by releasing toxins through our tears.
- Write it down – If you can’t for any reason talk to someone with your problem then write it down, you could write a letter – or a blog post – you don’t have to post it. A good release is to then burn the paper or press delete.
- Throw a stone – talk to or visualise pouring your anxiety into a stone or pebble down on the beach and then throw it into the ocean, or a river somewhere where the water can take those worries away.
- Put your energies into physical exercise (ok this one is never going to be my personal choice) but I can see that being able to put your energy into something like running, punching rowing or whatever takes your fancy could work in the same way.
It makes no difference what method you choose to release, what is important is that you don’t keep your worries or anxieties bottled up inside. Worrying is a waste of energy and will take such a toll on your body. We should put that energy into making a change in ourselves, in our attitudes or towards changing the situation itself.